Skip to main content

Social Work: Study



Prospective Postgraduate Students

If you are interested in a postgraduate qualification which will allow you to practise as a qualified social work in Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland (as well as a range of other countries including: Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) then the Master in Social Work and Postgraduate Diploma is the course for you.

We do offer other postgraduate courses in social work.  The Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Professional Studies (Mental Health Officer Award) is for qualified social workers who wish to become an MHO.

For those interested in developing their research skills we offer the MSc (by Research) Social Work and the Ph.D in Social Work.

Detailed information about all of the postgraduate programmes available in our school is available here - on the Graduate School of Social and Political Studies website.

On Course Postgraduate Students

CPD Courses

Reading List

It is always difficult to know where to start with reading about social work - there is so much to choose from! We have made a few suggestions of early reading over the last few years...

Two seniors crossing road